Thursday, April 18, 2013

Author Chat Friday welcomes Karenna Colcroft


Please welcome a new addition to the roster, Karenna. She's been here with Promo Mondays, but now is your chance to actually get to know her a little better!

Ta-da! I’m here!

*Clears throat, looks around* Nice place you have here!

Oh, I should probably introduce myself. I’m Karenna Colcroft, and as of today, since 2009 I’ve had 40 romances published, including freebies and a few short stories in anthologies. I’ll tell you a little more about today’s release in a minute. I also write young adult fiction under the name Jo Ramsey, and soon my seventeenth YA will be released.

One of Karenna's romances. Looks
like lots of fun, going from the
cover!
I started writing erotic romance in 2006 when a friend, who had been informally counseling me as I tried to cope with some demons from my past, challenged me to put my writing skills to work and write something that showed “sex in a positive light.” He knew me well; I always take challenges as long as it doesn’t involve anything illegal or anyone being hurt. So I wrote a scene and was actually kind of impressed with it. I kept going.

Later that year, I left my first husband (long story, but he was a big part of the reason my friend was counseling me) and joined an online dating site. I didn’t get a lot of dates through it, but I had a few short relationships, including one to a man who challenged me in 2007—yep, another challenge—to start posting my erotic stories on a certain free story website. I took that challenge too, and that’s where I found my first publisher.

My first erotic romance e-book was released in March 2009. The numbers I mentioned above are all since then. It’s been one heck of a wild ride! I got my start writing heterosexual erotic romance; nowadays I write more male/male but still some hetero as well.

Today’s release, Beta Block, is one of my hetero romance novels. It’s paranormal; both hero, Carlos Garza, and heroine, Brianna Wright, are werewolves. Brianna has one hell of a horrible past; abuse, rape, and being thrown out of her previous pack. But with Carlos’s help, she can begin to rebuild her life. Beta Block is from Passion in Print Press, www.passioninprint.com, and I’ll be visiting Phoenix Johnson on Monday to share more about it.

Meanwhile, I’ll be here on the third Friday of every month, and I look forward to hanging around and getting to know you!

40 published romances, wow! Looking forward to having that much experience under my writing belt! Well done, Karenna, and welcome to Author Chat Fridays! Looking forward to your promo spot on Monday, and can't wait to see what you have in store for us next time on ACF!