Monday, December 3, 2012

Promo Monday with Delena Silverfox's [Of] Hallowed Fiends and Darkest Fortune

Firstly, I must apologise for this being so late. It was a particularly hot day here on the Gold Coast, and I was also quite distracted with study. But here we are, just before I go curl up in to bed in front of a blasting fan, I welcome Delena Silverfox with her release Of Hallowed Fiends and Darkest Fortune!


Blurb: 
She was the spoiled only child of a wealthy country lord, with a reputation as "used goods." 

After rumors of her running wild at night with a commoner in taverns, Anya is drugged and forced to wed the Duke of Eodel, the wealthiest and most powerful Lord in the kingdom. When he strips her naked and whips her through the streets of Eodel for the marriage procession, she is humiliated. After weeks in his dungeons, her defiance is exhausted and she despairs at her fate. Once she is delivered to her nuptial suites and locked inside, Anya comes face to face with the darker side of her new husband.

He is a cynic and a sadist.

More than his reputation was on the line when the Duke of Eodel wed the lowly Earl of Allimor's strumpet daughter: untold wealth was his for the taking. All it would cost him would be to wed a wild, spoiled brat in the habit of throwing tantrums when she didn't get her way. In his cruel instruction he finds the pleasure he always derived from a woman's pain as she slowly broke beneath his ministrations, but with Anya he finds something troubling. As she goes deeper into her own surrender, her beauty and passion move him...

Excerpt:
She glared at him with skepticism. He merely raised a fine, arched brow at her to make her do as he asked. With that same feathered touch he'd used to handle the parchment, he placed sweetness on her tongue. Anya tried to close her mouth but his finger was still there. She felt awkward standing there with her mouth open. Her cheeks began to burn. Yet he held still and she could not close her mouth.
         The flavor of the sweetness melted on her tongue. Her mouth began to water and she conclusively swallowed, closing her lips around his finger. He left it there a moment, and then inched his finger further into her mouth. As slowly as he had pushed into her mouth, he drew out his finger. The intimacy didn't stop there when he traced his moistened finger along her lips and down her chin.
         The sensation was new and strange. Stranger still, she found that small gesture had left her breathing in small pants. Down there, that place between her legs, throbbed for long seconds.
         'It's called chocolate', he said, shattering the heavy silence. He offered her another. 'Hurry', he whispered, 'before it melts.' He brought the chocolate closer and she opened her mouth lest he smear it on her lips. The thought made her throb hard, once between her legs. This time when her lips closed around his finger, he lingered in her mouth. Only very slowly did he draw out his finger, then pushed it back between her lips once more. The sudden gesture made her swallow in reflex, causing suction, and she heard him choke on a gasp. 'Marriage does not have to be so droll,' he told her, cupping her face. She trembled. He smiled. 'And the dram of distilled occa weed in your chocolate will assure you come to the altar placid as a lamb in spring.'

Bio:
I'm 33, and I live in Indiana with my toddler, fiance, and a quirky orphan kitten I adopted who is still quite nameless at the moment. I moved here recently after twelve years in Portland, OR. It's where I learned about freedom, sexual expression, and the kink community. All my life I'd secretly wondered if I was just a freak, but it turns out I was just a long lost kinkster looking for my people!
I started writing some of my fantasies and other erotic stories online, and after a lot of encouragement and positive feedback, finally got the guts to shop my stories. Naughty Nights Press picked me up, and I've been having so much fun there! I was raised with a bit of literary snobbery --if it wasn't Poe, Shakespeare, or something else printed before 1900 I wasn't allowed to read it-- so romance was scandalous trash that would've made my mom faint, and then run for the rosary and a priest after she woke back up. 
Currently, I'm working on the full-length sequel to Of Hallowed Fiends, as well as a new trilogy.

Where to find Delena and her Hallowed Fiends: