Friday, January 13, 2012

Naughty Nights Press celebrates 6 months with a Blog Hop!

That's right, this wonderful little press has been around for 6 months already, and it's time to celebrate the successes so far! I'm honoured and extremely pleased to be associated with this company as an occasional reviewer and soon -to-be-published author. Yup, you read right, I'm popping my publishing cherry with Naughty Nights Press, and I couldn't be more excited!


I was trying to think of what to write for this post when Alana, my wicked and sexy muse, whispered in my ear to use this as a bragging post.


These first 6 months for NNP has flown, and I was thrilled to be approached to review Danvers Asylum, one of their very first releases. That was the first step for both Naughty Nights Press as they boldly ventured in to the publishing world, and for myself as I opened my schedule, mind and skill set to write regular reviews of ebooks. Since that time, I have been quite busy juggling reviews with my own writing and my almost-three-year-old. It's been a challenge, but fun and rewarding nonetheless.


Recently I was even nominated for Xcite Awards for Best Reviewer! I didn't make the top six, but that's still something to put in my writer's bio, as was pointed out by the lovely Gina Kincade, owner/CEO of NNP. (All the best to Tonya Kinzer who made the final six in her category, Best Site or Author Page)


So what else has happened in those six months? Naughty Nights Press has published numerous books, all being received well in their respective markets, while I have finally finished and submitted my first piece, The Wolf In The Neighborhood (paranormal erotic), Book One of the Wolf Smitten Trilogy. I have heard great feedback from sharing little snippets with people, and I'm thrilled to have just submitted the outlines for Once Bitten, Twice Shy and Leader of The Pack, Books Two and Three respectively, to Naughty Nights Press for consideration. I've been slowly writing Once Bitten, Twice Shy and simply cannot wait to start on Leader of The Pack.


It seems that Alana is also impatient for me to write other things, as she has bombarded me with three other stories not related to Wolf Smitten.


I was working out with Wii Boxing a while back listening to Cotton Eye Joe when hints of a new story began to tease my mind. A cold shower soon had more solid ideas flowing, and I sat down to type out the start of my romance novel Acapello's Lady, a story about a woman, her horse and the man who comes in to their lives and turns it upside down. I've been lucky to be able to use pictures of Ivory Pal (from the Ivory Knoll Ranch in Florida) for promotional posts and have Rafael's permission to request a release form when I take the finished story to be published. It's not often that a new writer is afforded such a brilliant opportunity!


Of course, that's not the only story that Alana has demanded I start straight away. She's given me ideas for an anthology about a Demigod called The Lover, who is sent to those who have given up on love. The anthology will be a while in the making, but it is called The Lover's Lovers, and I already have one story written, Joanna's Rush, which will be released in the coming months as part of another anthology through Naughty Nights Press. Details will be released sooner to release date.


Ok, so I think that's enough bragging. Time to get down to business. The blog hop. There are many of us participating, all with a giveaway. Some have competitions, others just ask for you to follow and leave your email address. Although I don't have my own book to giveaway just yet (it's coming, hold your horses!), I'm thrilled to have a copy of Naughty Nights Press's Campus Sexploits to give to one lucky commenter. Released just recently, this anthology is all about crazy college liaisons of the sexual kind! 


So what do you have to do to win this saucy mix of wonderful writers?


Well, since this is a college related anthology, I want to hear about a crazy college anecdote, whether it was you, a friend or a family member. Heck, even make one up if you want! Nothing too long, though. Maybe 250 words tops.


Check out other participants of the blog hop by clicking on the Blog Hop photo at the very start. This will take you to the Naughty Nights Press blog that has the full list of participants. Not all of the giveaways are the same. (Well, I said the word blog a few times, didn't I?) Go check out who else is involved and leave a comment or whatever it is that each of them ask. Who knows, you might win a few books! Best of luck to you all, and thank you for joining us in celebrating the six month milestone for this wonderful company. Just watch where we go in the next six months and beyond!

7 comments:

  1. Great post honey, hope you get lots and lots of responses!

    *bites n kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do, honey! I can't wait to see some of the responses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I wasn't too wild in college. I did go out with this guy (can't even remember his name!) but I really hadn't dated before, I was a late bloomer, anyway...he took me, and may I say that a friend of his came along too :O we went to have some drinks at a fancy hang-out, had no idea that's where we were going! Here I walk in with my very used jeans and a teddy bear shirt (ok I had no idea what to wear either!) I only had like 1 drink, we danced once, I think I was way over my head. Two guys, one girl, this was waaaaayyyy before I started reading erotica so had no idea it was even possible...so nothing happened. He took me home, kissed my cheek and that was that...

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was out with some friends at a bar and we were doing shots and laughing. At one point I was laughing so hard that I bent over to catch my breath and bumped into someone. When I turned around I almost died! It was the really hot guy in my biology class that I had a huge crush on. Anyway, he asked me to dance and once out on the dance floor he started kissing me. We ended up in a back corner at a table and I gave him a blow job! HOLY CRAP! I couldn't believe it but it was so HAWT! I never saw him again except in class but it was a memory from my college days that I will NEVER forget!!!

    Ok, not really...I was pretty boring back then...LOL!!!

    books4me67 at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time I actually went to college, I was older and more mature. I was also working full time so I did not have the time or energy to have any fun, lol.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Eva that's quite sweet! I would have been just as shy!
    books4me, that's still quite a nice little piece!
    June, there's no harm in that at all. Life does sometimes get in the way of naughty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as books4me's was hot and steamy, and I don't want to discriminate against June, who had no time or energy, but I am going to have to go with Eva's sweet little tale. Congratulations, Eva, you've won yourself a copy of Campus Sexploits! It shall be winging it's way to your email shortly.
    To everyone who have helped us celebrate 6 months of Naughty Nights Press success, thank you very much from all of us involved and associated with this wonderful little company. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete