Saturday, October 4, 2014

A little something different and special...

Image Courtesy of Facebook Page
I Am A Mother To An Angel, and member
Katie Meadows for this image.
As most people know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A great cause. I've had 3 aunts fight cancer, and one of them was one of the lucky women who successfully beat Breast Cancer.
What many people don't know is that October is also Pregnancy and Infant/Child Loss Awareness Month. We didn't know about it ourselves until last year, and so now October has a double meaning for us.
So for this month, The Naughty Pages will be Pink and Blue, to raise awareness for both causes. Please spread the awareness of both causes this month. Too many families lose children each day, and too few people are aware of just how common it is. I was surprised to learn just how many people I knew who have lost a child, all of them during pregnancy. It is something that is still a taboo topic in society. We need to break that silence. So please, help me spread the word! And for people who have social media accounts, I challenge you to change your profile picture to something pink and blue to show your support!